These light biscuits make a great alternative to digestives or rich teas. They store well and this recipe makes a generous amount of small cookies.
250g plain flour
2tsp baking powder
100g granulated sugar
4tbsp water, more as needed
250g sesame seeds
- Beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl until creamy.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the butter and sugar mixture. Add enough water to make a smooth dough.
- Shape into a dough ball, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Shape the dough into balls the size of walnuts.
- Put the sesame seeds into a small bowl and roll each ball of dough in it, make sure the seeds cover all sides of the ball.
- Transfer to a greased baking sheet, spacing them 2inches/5cm apart. Flatten the biscuits slightly.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown at Gas Mark4/350oF/180oC. Rotate the baking sheets halfway through for even baking. Let to cool completely.