60g/2oz unsalted peanuts
120g/4oz unsalted butter or butter like spread
120g/4oz caster sugar
3oz light brown sugar
1 generous tbsp strawberry jam, sieved
4 dessert spoons smooth peanut butter
1tsp vanilla essence
175g/6oz plain flour
2tsp baking powder
- Place peanuts under a low grill until they are beginning to turn brown. Allow to cool, then roughly chop.
- Beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add the jam, peanut butter, milk and vanilla essence, then beat until thoroughly mixed.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the bowl. Stir into the mixture with the chopped nuts to make a dough.
- Place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Divide the dough into 24 pieces. Roll each piece into a walnut sized ball.
- Place the cookies on greased baking sheets, spacing them well apart. Flatten slightly with a fork.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown at Gas Mark 4/350oF/175oc.
- Leave on the baking sheets for 3-4 minutes, then remove with a thin metal spatula and cool on a wire rack.