These crisp, light cookies have a distinct but subtle flavour which smell amazing when they are baking.
120g/4oz butter or good quality butter like spread (I used Clover)
50g/2oz icing sugar
25g/1oz caster sugar
125g/4oz plain flour
A few drops of vanilla essence
Seeds of 6 cardamom pods, well crushed
30g/1oz almonds and pecans, chopped into small pieces
- Put the butter, icing sugar, caster sugar and flour into a mixing bowl and beat together thoroughly.
- Stir in the vanilla essence, crushed cardamom seeds and chopped nuts until well combined.
- Using your hands, shape the dough into 14 equal size balls and placed about 2 inches apart on greased or non-stick baking sheets.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 15 minutes or until lightly browned at Gas Mark 4/350oF/175oC.
- Remove onto a wire rack to cool.