These rich minty flavoured cookies have a sweet soft centre and are filled with delicious chocolate pieces. I think these are possibly my favourite cookies so far this week!
175g/6oz plain flour
1tsp baking powder
3 dessert spoons unsweetened cocoa powder
75g/3oz soft light brown sugar
50g/2oz granulated sugar
120g/4oz butter or butter like spread
2 tbsp milk
1tsp peppermint essence
50g/2oz plain chocolate, cut into chunks
- In a bowl beat together the sugars and butter until light.
- Next beat in the milk and peppermint essence until thoroughly blended.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and cocoa into the bowl, add the chocolate chunks and mix well until combined.
- Divide mixture into 18 large walnut sized balls. Place on greased baking sheets about 1 ½ inches apart and flatten slightly.
- Bake 15-20 minutes at Gas Mark 4/350oF/175oC.
- After removing from oven leave to cool on the trays for approximately 5 minutes, then remove with metal spatula onto a cooling rack.